Gluteal (Buttocks) Implants in Miami, FL
This procedure involves the insertion of silicone implants into the buttocks to add volume and create a fuller, more shapely appearance.
Gluteal implants provide a more predictable and long-lasting result compared to other methods such as BBL. They are also a good option for those who do not have enough excess fat for a fat transfer procedure. That means, a very thin or skinny patient who desires a larger or fuller gluteal region.
Comparing With Other Procedures Like The “BBL” Or Fat Transfer To The Buttocks
If you’re considering buttock augmentation, you may have heard of the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. While both butt implants and the BBL can enhance the shape and size of your buttocks, there are some significant differences between the two.
Butt implants involve surgically inserting silicone implants into the buttocks to increase their volume and enhance their shape. The implants are customizable in terms of size, shape, and projection, allowing for a more precise and personalized outcome.
On the other hand, fat transfer to the buttocks involves removing fat from other areas of the body, such as the hips or thighs, through liposuction and transferring it to the buttocks. While this procedure can create a more natural look and feel, the amount of fat that can be transferred is limited, which can limit the amount of augmentation possible and in thin patients may not achieve the optimal result desired.
Additionally, buttocks implants have a longer lifespan than results seen with fat transfer, which may need to be maintained with touch-up procedures over time. Ultimately, the choice between buttock implants and fat transfer depends on your individual goals, body type, and personal preferences.
Buttocks Implant Before and After Photos
The photos in this section contain nudity. You may continue if you are 18 years of age or older and are not offended by such material.
5'0" - 5'5"
Are You A Good Candidate For Gluteal Implants?
- Adequate general health: To undergo gluteal implant surgery, you must be in good general health. You should not have any underlying medical conditions that can increase the risk of complications during or after surgery.
- Healthy weight: It is recommended that you maintain a stable and healthy weight before undergoing implant surgery.
- Realistic expectations: It is essential to have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure. Buttock implants can improve the shape and size of your buttocks, but they cannot completely transform your appearance.
- Good skin elasticity: Good skin elasticity is helpful for successful implant surgery. If you have loose or sagging skin around your buttocks, you may not be a suitable candidate for the procedure or may require a combination of both gluteal implant placement with fat transfer.
Benefits Of Gluteal Implants For Buttock Augmentation
Gluteal implants have become a popular cosmetic procedure for people who desire fuller, curvier buttocks. Implants offer a range of benefits for those seeking buttock augmentation. They should however be placed by a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this procedure.
- Enhanced Appearance: Buttock implants can create a more attractive and balanced shape to the buttocks, which can improve overall body contours and proportions.
- Increased Self-Confidence: For many people, the appearance of their buttocks can greatly affect their self-confidence. By enhancing the shape and size of their buttocks, individuals can feel more comfortable and confident in their appearance.
- Long-Lasting Results: Butt implants provide a permanent solution for buttock augmentation. Implants do not require frequent maintenance or touch-ups.
- Customizable Options: Implants come in a variety of shapes and sizes, which means they can be customized to fit the individual’s specific body shape and desired outcome.
- Improved Clothing Fit: Gluteal implants can enhance the appearance of clothing by improving the way clothing fits and drapes on the body.
Greater Flexibility in Clothing Choices: With a fuller and shapelier buttocks, individuals can enjoy greater flexibility in their clothing choices, including swimwear, tight-fitting dresses, and more.
Varied Gluteal Implant Shapes And Sizes Are Available
Round implants are the most common type of butt implant used in surgery. They are designed to provide a natural-looking, full appearance to the buttocks, and come in various sizes to suit the patient’s desired look. They are the most commonly used implants in our practice.
Teardrop and Oval Implants
Teardrop implants, also known as anatomical implants, are designed to mimic the natural shape of the buttocks. They are thicker at the bottom and thinner at the top, however due to their risk of malrotation are rarely used.
The Buttocks Implant Procedure
The procedure is typically performed under general anesthesia and takes several hours to complete. It is not commonly performed in the U.S. and there are only select surgeons who know how to perform the procedure. Here’s what you can expect during the buttocks implant procedure:
- Anesthesia: Before the surgery, you will be given general anesthesia, which will make you unconscious and unable to feel any pain during the procedure.
- Incisions: The surgeon will make small incisions adjacent to the buttock crease, between the cheeks, or at the top of the buttocks to create pockets for the implants.
- Implant placement: The surgeon will then insert the implants into the pockets created during the incisions. The implants can be placed either above or below the gluteal muscle, depending on your desired results and the surgeon’s recommendation.
- Closing the incisions: Once the implants are in place, the surgeon will close the incisions using sutures or surgical glue. Antibiotics will be used during surgery and after surgery.
- Recovery: After the surgery, you will need to wear compression garments to help reduce swelling and support the implants as you heal. You will also need to avoid sitting or lying on your back for at least two weeks to ensure proper healing of the incisions and implants.
Preparing For A Gluteal Augmentation With Butt Implants
If you have decided to go ahead with a gluteal augmentation using implants, it’s important to prepare yourself for the procedure to ensure a successful outcome.
Here are some steps you can take to prepare:
- Discuss Your Medical History: During your consultation, be sure to discuss your medical history with your surgeon. It’s important to disclose any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are currently taking to minimize the risk of complications during and after surgery.
- Quit Smoking and Drinking: Smoking and drinking can interfere with your body’s ability to heal and increase the risk of complications during and after surgery. If smoking and drinking, quit at least three weeks before surgery.
- Arrange for Post-Operative Care: It’s important to arrange for post-operative care before your surgery. You will need someone to drive you home from the surgery center, and you may require assistance with daily activities for a few days following the procedure.
By following these steps, you can prepare yourself for a successful gluteal augmentation with implants. It’s important to remember that every patient is different, and your surgeon may recommend additional steps to ensure the best possible outcome.
Recovery From Gluteal Implant Surgery
Recovering from gluteal implants surgery requires proper aftercare to ensure that the patient heals properly and reduces the risk of complications.
Here are some of the things to keep in mind during your recovery:
- Rest and Recovery Time: Following surgery, it is crucial to get plenty of rest and limit physical activity. Patients should avoid sitting or lying down directly on their buttocks for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Compression Garments: Wearing compression garments can help reduce swelling and provide support to the surgical area. Patients should wear the compression garment as recommended by their surgeon.
- Pain Management: Butt implant surgery can be painful, and patients should take the prescribed pain medication as directed to manage discomfort.
- Follow-up Visits: Patients will need to attend follow-up visits with their surgeon to monitor healing progress and ensure that there are no complications. During these visits, the surgeon will evaluate the patient’s recovery and provide further instructions as needed.
- Physical Activity: Patients should avoid rigorous physical activity and exercise for at least four to six weeks after surgery. Light exercise, such as walking, can be started after two weeks, but patients should consult with their surgeon before resuming any exercise routine.
- Diet: A healthy diet can help promote healing and reduce the risk of complications. Patients should aim to eat a balanced diet with plenty of protein, fruits, and vegetables.
Following these guidelines will help ensure a successful recovery from gluteal implant surgery. Patients should follow their surgeon’s instructions carefully and contact their us if they have any concerns or notice any signs of complications.
Risks And Complications Associated With Gluteal Implants
Gluteal implant surgery is generally safe, but like any surgical procedure, it comes with potential risks and complications. It’s important to be aware of these risks before deciding to undergo the procedure.
Although very rare some of the risks associated with gluteal implants include infection, bleeding, implant displacement or rupture, scarring, and anesthesia complications. In rare cases, there can be nerve or muscle damage, which may lead to long-term problems.
Choose Constructive Surgery for Buttocks Implants
Consult with us regarding you are a suitable patient for gluteal implant surgery as the traditional BBL may not be your best or viable option.
Experience reconstructive excellence with our skilled surgeon, available Mon-Fri for aesthetic surgeries.
Monday - Friday
9AM - 5PM
Saturday - Sunday
The surgery he did on me was great. It looked how I liked it. My vagina is fat like how I like it. I feel so much like a woman....
Dr. Salgado has given me a new body. He has changed my life. I am a new person thanks to him. My outlook on life changed for the better! I...
Very professional and knowledgeable in his craft, took the time to explain the procedure (the good and the bad), upfront in regards to outcome. Would recommend him to anyone in...
Del equipo de medica exelente of el trabajo del Dr. Salgado super excelente mi atencedio muy liease, me explicaro todo al refecto de me operacion y todo muy professional....
Schedule a Consultation
Take the first step towards your transformation. Schedule a consultation with our experienced surgeons today.